Travelling tittle-tattle, tall tales and shameless name-dropping by Jon ‘Don’t Call Me’ Norman

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom

Tuesday 10 March 2009

And so it came to pass..........

..............that after being snowed in on the way to Gatwick, missing the entire Jamaica Test, after the Sir Viv Richards stadium fiasco, my dad snapping his achilles in a successful bid to score the winning runs at beach cricket, being charged £1,000 for tickets we had already bought and then given the runaround by Caribbean Airlines, watching five days of tedium at the Kensington Oval, suffering a house fire back in London and sitting through four days of tepid cricket at the Queens Park Oval, I found myself watching the best days cricket of the entire tour on the television in an empty hotel bar in Antigua.

Photobucket

Come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at work as watched the WI wickets tumbling on the mini-scorecard in the corner of my computer screen. This was all very exciting, but the main thought I had was, "Well, that's just bloody typical of Jonno's luck!"

Gutted for you mate.

Hope all is well and that you have a nice juicy insurance pay out for the fire when you return home.

Anonymous said...

..at least fulham won